Village Lutheran Church
This Sunday at Village
8:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. Sunday — The Fourth Sunday of Easter
- The 8:15 service will be live-streamed on Vimeo, Facebook, and YouTube. The recording will be available to view on-demand thereafter.
- Both Sunday services will be available over the phone.
This Week at Village
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21
- 4:00 p.m. — Schola Cantorum
- 5:00 p.m. — Youth activities
- 7:15 p.m. — Adult choir
- 9:30 a.m. — Women’s Bible Study
- 6:30 a.m. — Men’s Bible Study
- 8:15 a.m. — Divine Service: The Fourth Sunday of Easter (in person). The service will be live-streamed on Vimeo, Facebook, and YouTube. The recording will be available to view on-demand thereafter. You can also listen live via telephone.
- 9:30 a.m. — Sunday school & adult Bible study (in person). A link will be emailed to members to view online.
- 10:45 a.m. — Divine Service: The Fourth Sunday of Easter (in person). Listen live via telephone.
- 6:00 p.m. — Bible Study - Blessed Be His Name
- 7:00 p.m. — Quarterlife.
>> Receive free event text message reminders
- Listen to livestream — villagelutheranchurch.org
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/VillageLutheran/
- Vimeo — https://vimeo.com/villagelutheranchurch
- Podcast — http://villagelutheran.podbean.com/
- Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-fY1YvaKiruN4tC92Z5yQ
- Listen by telephone — Call 1-800-457-9860. When prompted, enter passcode 8109865#.
- Listen on demand — The Divine Service is archived here. Sermons and Bible Studies are available as a podcast through your preferred podcast service (search for "Village Lutheran") or by clicking here.
Let Us Pray (from The Treasury of Daily Prayer)
How lovely is Your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts! (Psalm 84:1)
Almighty and everlasting God, increase in us Your gifts of faith, hope, and love that we may receive the forgiveness You have promised and love what You have commanded; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
Liturgical Season — White adorns the altar throughout the Easter season in celebration of Christ's resurrection. Explore the beauty of the Church Year.
- First Reading — Acts 4:1-12
- Epistle Reading — 1 John 3:16-24
- Holy Gospel — John 10:11-18
Vacation Bible School: June 7-11
Time to think about VBS! Village VBS will take place June 7-11 from 9-12 each morning. Send your children, grandchildren, neighbors, and friends to enjoy God’s Wonder lab! We can always use volunteers in many areas to help make the week a success. Please consider helping with music, snacks, outdoor activities, photo taking, or being a helping hand in any way you feel comfortable. We have lots of ideas and can find just the right spot for you to serve. Keep posted for registration forms and contact Dawn Haldeman @ 309-357-0828 with any questions..
Katie Luther League
Katie Luther League will next meet Saturday, May 8, at 9:30 AM in the Fellowship Hall. The agenda includes a devotion, a brief business meeting, and fellowship; followed by our featured speaker.
Family AltarThe edition of Family Altar for this Sunday is available online for your use in the coming week.
For the suffering, medical professionals, governing authorities, those who have lost jobs, those who are underemployed, and all people amid the pandemic.
For all women who are with child and the children growing in their womb.
For those who are ill, injured, hospitalized, homebound, or recovering, especially Brian, Hannah, Mike, Scott, Don, Barbara, Alvena, Millie, Dorothy, Janie, John, Scott, Louise, David, Jackson, Jim & Penny, Paul, Alison, Carol, Stephanie, Judy, Jan, Lois, Luke, Luis, Valerie, Fred, John, Dan, Preston, London, Tammy, Peter, Elizabeth, Maggie.
For those outside the faith that the Spirit would bring them to faith, especially Ken and Michael.
For those who rejoice.
For those who mourn.
For those who serve in the military.
For our community, its civic leaders, government officials, educational institutions, and residents.
For the students, faculty, and staff of Washington University as we carry the Gospel to them.
For the students, family, and faculty of Village Lutheran Preschool that they would be strengthened in faith.
For the Church, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, our congregation, and all those who have faith in Christ.
For all missionaries, especially David and Jennifer (Dominican Republic), Tirzah (Dominican Republic), and Phillip (Francophone Africa).
Stewardship Thought (LCMS Office of Stewardship)
John 10:14 – “I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me.” What does it mean to know the Lord? It starts with being known by the Lord. He claims us as His own and calls us by name. Then, once we are His, we learn to know Him. In knowing Him, we learn to imitate Him. That is how the Christian life of good works and generosity grows from the Lord’s grace.
Witness & Outreach Thought (LCMS Witness & Outreach Ministry)
John 10:11-18: Jesus taught His disciples and, by extension, we as His people, that He is the Good Shepherd who laid down His life for His sheep. What can stop the witness of those who no longer fear death? Every enemy has been vanquished by the Good Shepherd. What Good News this is for our comfort and all of the sheep not yet in the fold. So, boldly share the Good News that there is a very Good Shepherd in the Risen Jesus Christ who came for the sake of all of the sheep.
Weekly offerings may be made via automatic electronic funds transfers to Village Lutheran Church. Submit a simple registration form to start; changes may be made at any time.
Village also accepts stock donations to our brokerage account and IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD) sent directly to Village. Email Village Bookkeeper for details.
View this email in your browser