News and Events
This Sunday at Village
8:15 a.m.; 9:30 a.m.; 10:45 a.m. — The Day of Pentecost
- To attend in person, click here to register
- 8:15 service is live-streamed on Vimeo, Facebook, and YouTube and will be available on-demand thereafter
- All three services will be available over the phone
This Week at Village
WEDNESDAY, MAY 27
- 5:00 p.m. — Youth via Zoom
SUNDAY, MAY 31
- 8:15 a.m. — Day of Pentecost - to attend in-person, register here; live-streamed on Vimeo, Facebook, and YouTube and available on-demand thereafter or listen live via telephone
- 9:30 a.m. — Day of Pentecost - to attend in-person, register here; or listen live via telephone
- 10:45 a.m. — Day of Pentecost - to attend in-person, register here; or listen live via telephone
- Bible study available on Vimeo, Facebook, and YouTube
MONDAY, JUNE 1
- 5:00 p.m. — Board of Christian Education (via Zoom)
- 6:00 p.m. — Board of Elders (via Zoom)
- 6:00 p.m. — Board of Properties (Garden Room)
- 7:15 p.m. — Board of Directors (via Zoom)
TUESDAY, JUNE 2
- 7:00 p.m. — Quarterlife via Zoom
Divine Service (8:15 a.m., 9:30 a.m., and 10:45 a.m.)
- Listen to livestream — villagelutheranchurch.org
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/VillageLutheran/
- Vimeo — https://vimeo.com/villagelutheranchurch
- Podcast — http://villagelutheran.podbean.com/
- Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-fY1YvaKiruN4tC92Z5yQ
- Listen by telephone — Call 1-800-457-9860. When prompted, enter passcode 8109865#.
- Listen on demand — The Divine Service is archived here. Sermons and Bible Studies are available as a podcast through your preferred podcast service (search for "Village Lutheran") or by clicking here.
Past Services & Bible Studies:
The Divine Service is archived here. Sermons and Bible Studies are available as a podcast through your preferred podcast service (search for "Village Lutheran") or by clicking here.
>> Receive free event text message reminders
Let Us Pray
Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the LORD. (Psalm 118:19)
O King who comes in the name of the Lord, through Your birth and death, earth and heaven were joined together in peace. May Your coming as King into Jerusalem in humility on the donkey help us to see that You continue to come to us as our King hidden in humble water, humble words, humble food; for You live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
Liturgical Season — Fiery red covers the altar in proclamation of the Spirit's work in the means of grace. Explore the beauty of the Church Year.
- Old Testament Reading — Numbers 11:24-30
Vacation Bible School
Based upon the response to the VBS survey, we are planning to postpone VBS until the week of July 13-17. Details will be forthcoming, including volunteer sign-up and registration of children.
The congregation is invited to the senior recital of Conner Kusterer on Sunday, June 21, 2 pm in Village's Fellowship Hall.
The edition of Family Altar for this Sunday is available here for your use in the coming week.
For the suffering, medical professionals, governing authorities, those who have lost jobs, and all people amid the pandemic
For all women who are with child and the children growing in their womb
For those who are ill, injured, hospitalized, homebound, or recovering, especially Marilyn, David, John, Louise, Jackson, Jim & Penny, Alison, Carol, Stephanie, Dick, Allan & Jan, Luke, Valerie, Fred, John, Dan, Preston, London, Peter, Darrel, Doris, Elizabeth, Tom, Maggie, Mary.
For those outside the faith that the Spirit would bring them to faith, especially Ken and Michael.
For those who rejoice
For those who mourn
For our community, its civic leaders, government officials, educational institutions, and residents.
For the students, faculty, and staff of Washington University as we carry the Gospel to them.
For the students, family, and faculty of Village Lutheran Preschool that they would be strengthened in faith.
For the Church, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, our congregation, and all those who have faith in Christ
For all missionaries, especially David and Jennifer (Dominican Republic), Tirzah (Dominican Republic), and Phillip (Francophone Africa)
Stewardship Thought (LCMS Office of Stewardship)
1 Peter 5:7 – “…casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” We have a Father in heaven – and He really cares for us and loves us. That is the basis of generosity, because such knowledge spells the end of anxiety and worry, which is where tight-fisted greed comes from.
Witness & Outreach Thought (LCMS Witness & Outreach Ministry)
John 17:1-11: On this last Sunday of the Easter Season, we hear Jesus praying His High Priestly Prayer, and He’s praying for you; He’s praying for your church family. He wants you to be people of His Word and Name unified as one Body with Him as the Head. His Body should function as ONE with Him as the Head and every member of the Body having a unique but unified function together as one for the purpose of His Kingdom. Read John 17 once again today at home, and then pray for His will to be first done in your individual life and collectively as a unified church family. Pray that your life would be an answer to Jesus’ prayer that His will may be done to carry out His purpose in the world that needs the Good News of salvation.
Weekly offerings may be made via automatic electronic funds transfers to Village Lutheran Church. Submit a simple registration form to start; changes may be made at any time.
Village also accepts stock donations to our brokerage account and IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD) sent directly to Village. Email Village Bookkeeper for details.
View this email in your browser